Sunday 21 June 2015

The spookiest moment in my life!!!



It was year 2000 and I was in my 10th grade. My board exams were to commence in a couple of months. I was preparing for the revision tests staying up late most of the nights.

A month before my exams my grand dad had passed away and things were not the same ever since then with my granny who was very intimate with him. They were married for 65 longs years and it was very hard for her to let go. I could remember vividly my grand mom sobbing in the nights reminiscing her wonderful days with my grand dad. My study room was right beside my granny’s room and I could hear her murmuring, whispering creepy stuff in those dark nights driving me crazy. It was one such night when I had to get outside my room to fetch a bottle of water from the refrigerator. I usually don’t do this since I had to surpass my granny’s room and I was very scared to see her awake throughout the night staring at the walls. As I was nearing the fridge I heard my granny call me. For a moment I stood still as I was not sure if I should visit her room.

Very hesitantly I went up to her and asked why she called me. She remained silent for few seconds and then enquired about my exams and why I was not visiting her room off late. I took a deep breath and just told her that everything was ok and that I was busy studying. When I was about to retire from her room she asked me to stop and speak a few words with my grand dad whom she believed was sitting beside her on her cot. I was appalled rather perplexed wondering if I heard her right. I returned to her asked her what she told again. When she repeated the same thing I thought initially she was hallucinating and my grand dad’s loss has worked on her brains too much. But I was wrong. My granny insisted that he was sitting right next to her and that even he was talking to me asking about my school. I stood pale, speechless. She was turning to her right and talking to my grand dad (probably) and telling him how busy I am these days. I did not utter a word after this and walked straight into my room, emptied the entire bottle of water I was holding in my hand and trying to digest the things that happened some minutes before.

It was after this incident the whole world around me changed and made me believe in paranormal existence. I never stayed awake late in the nights and never ever visited my granny’s room. J

No comments:

Post a Comment